Wednesday 31 August 2011

The little things

Always keep in mind how truly blessed we are to live in the land that we do. Believe it or not, it's important to give thanks for the simple things in life that we take for granted:
A toilet
A shower
Water!
Shoes on our feet
Clothes on our back
Our parents who took the time to put us in school at the age of 5, or earlier!
There are children who's parent(s) literally have no care or intent of putting their child in school. Some are in school and often spend the night there because they were never picked up. These children are in trouble. I am incredibly grateful to have this opportunity to be here and to be a small part in a big change. One life at a time.
Thank you Mom and Dad for sacrificing your time, energy and lives to raise me. I see how truly fortunate I am. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Those were precious words.
    Love your blogs! Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the lucky ones!! For such a time as this, Miss Gia...for such a time as this :)

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete