Monday 22 August 2011

Ants

Turns out there is quite an interest from all age groups to start taking Tap lessons from yours truly!!! I cannot express in words how excited I am to teach tap here. It's something I want to do in my life anyway- but to do it in South Africa?!? Yeah, someone's looking out. Tomorrow we'll get an estimation on how many want to join and we'll go from there. Very soon, though, I may be looking for a donation of some tap shoes. So if any of you tappers have an old pair that you do not intend to keep or pass down... they would look and sound pretty nice over here!
Today I started helping some lovely children with their homework. It's going to be my daily routine. They are still on holiday for a couple more weeks so I'm helping them finish their holiday homework (boo... holidays are not meant for work, they're meant for play), and getting them in the groove of being back in the homework mode. I also have a project beginning this week of painting the baby's room! Yes, there is a new addition coming to the family and I'm excited to be a co-creator of her new environment.
Well, aside from being made love to by ants everyday, and as we speak, everything is looking pretty darn good for me here and I'm looking forward to every day. I'm becoming busy with my three favorite hobbies- sewing, painting, and tap dancing. It all combines into a dream job that I'm not getting paid to do:) Well, I suppose in a way I am a bit (thank you!!!).
It's 8pm and cold and ants still have managed to cover me. With summer coming these guys are going to make me freakin insane. I literally have ants in my pants right now. And in my shirt.
Ok I love you all!!! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Missionary - We are clutching onto every word in your blogs. And so happy that you are into your three favorite things and teaching others.
    Love you, Gpa & Gma Wilson

    ReplyDelete