Wednesday 30 November 2011

Something's happening...

Well, after almost a month of being without my computer- I'm back. The storms are nothing to mess with around here. I now know that until I get a surge suppressor, UNPLUG EVERYTHING in a lighting storm. Thank you to Apple, and their kind and flexible employees :)

Update: The school year is coming to an end in one week. I have been working at the preschool 2 months now (one month longer than planned), and it's over already. Tonight we had a Christmas Concert/ Graduation for the little ones. It was wonderful. I taught a tap dance to "Jingle Bell Rock" which was so cool to do. There is seriously not much cuter than children doing dance moves wrong, and shaking their bums. And then a little stand still crying you have to love. Overall it was such a nice show. I am sad, though to say goodbye. There are kids here that I can confidently say, I will never see again. Most are from the communities and not Refilwe. It makes my heart so sad. So... I've just got to soak it up.

Tap classes are going great! I'm attending English classes because soon (or someday), they will be English/computer classes that I will be co-teaching. But for now it is quite interesting for me to relearn a lot and to discuss different things and relations in them with Americans, Africans, and our new German volunteer. Very cool stuff.

December will be a very quiet month around here. Not much happens and a lot of the city leaves to go be with family. I'm hoping and praying that it is not a lonely month. With the holidays and all. I'll keep myself busy. Somehow :) Dead time, though- I am looking forward to. Rest.

What the future holds for me at Refilwe still needs some more discussion. But, I know I'll be busy with work gardening, transporting... nothing's for sure yet. But I have a very good feeling about what's in store for me. I think I may be even busier and a bit crazier than I am now... but crazy has always kept me straight.

I'm really missing home about now. I just want to send so much love to you guys. The holidays are so filled with love and family. I have that here, thankfully. But the love and my family I have at home is what makes me me. I love you. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I can never give enough thanks for how incredibly blessed I am...

1 comment:

  1. So blest to have you as our grandaughter and we
    are with you in our hearts and spirit during this
    Christmas season and time apart.

    ReplyDelete