Sunday 29 July 2012

4 months to go, and I need you.

In this post I will put down my guards, set aside my pride, suck it up, and ask.

I have now been at Refilwe, in South Africa, for one year. Without hesitation- this has been the most amazing year of my life, and the most life changing work I have ever done. My gratitude for all of the support and love that got me here, and kept me here, overflows.
I have seen a new world, and lived in it and become part of it. A world more real than anything I've ever seen. People more real than anyone I have ever met. The cares and concerns of my family and friends here are not materialistic or selfish, but so real and deserving of every bit energy exerted into it. Food shortage, no water, no electricity, no money, rain so hard you're wet inside the house, children sick with no money to heal, children being abandoned AGAIN by their parents, corruption, crime, evil, and heartbreak. I have seen and felt all of this first hand in the past year. I have learned so much about the world and the reality of it. What is important? I know now. The safety and wellbeing of my loved ones and myself. Even at the bare minimum- as long as we have food in our bellies, a roof over our head, and air in our lungs. We are okay.
My eyes see completely different, my heart breaks and celebrates in a completely different way. To be apart of a project like this has been the biggest blessing for me. To have the opportunity EVERYDAY to be an influence in a child's life. To simply hug them, makes for the most the beautiful day, everyday.
I can see how I have blessed Refilwe, and those apart of it. But it does not compare to how they have blessed me. I literally don't know how to put into words what I feel. I am trying, though. I can much better communicate with noise and body language, than words.  So just know I am making a lot of sounds and movements just trying to type this out ;)

With that said, I come here today to ask for some help. One of the hardest things for me to do is ask for help, especially financially, but i'm sucking it up! I need your help!!!
I have four months left here at Refilwe. My flight home is December 7, 2012. If you can spare ANYTHING to help get me by for the next few months, i would greatly appreciate it. Know that what your money is spent on is food, occasional gas for a car I drive, homemade birthday cakes, cat food (for my adopted SA baby), occasional art supplies, toiletries... I think that's pretty much the chunk of it. I don't ask for much, just a little something to help me get by. Know how much this means to me.
Donations can be sent to the the address on this page ----------------> ( i think it's there), to the church and is tax deductible, or straight to my parents at
525 w. Pico
Clovis Ca. 93612

Thank you so much for your support! Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts in the final few months of this journey. Sending all my love from SA <3

1 comment:

  1. Sending a bit of cash this Tuesday! I told your mom I would send the word out. Praying for funds, success and good health. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete